ONLINE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN NOVEL WRITING
There is one application cycle held each Spring. Students admitted into the program will start their first class in the subsequent Fall quarter. Please note that the Certificate Program in Novel Writing is a two-year program composed of seven courses. Before applying, be sure to use the links in the left column to access and read through the program requirements and details.
The next application cycle will begin in April 2017 for students starting in the Fall of 2017. The application will be available for download on April 10 and must be submitted by June 2.
To receive updates about the program, add yourself to the Certificate Program mailing list.
How to ApplyApplication to the Certificate Program is a two-step process:
1. Pay the $80.00 application fee by registering for OWA 001. Please note: The application fee is non-refundable and only valid for one application cycle.
2. Complete your application packet and upload it to Canvas, our online course platform. There will be instructions for this once you pay the application fee. We no longer accept applications by email, postal mail, or fax.
Your application must include the following (incomplete applications will NOT be accepted):
1. Completed Application Checklist
2. References and Education
3. Policies and Honor Code
4. A Statement of Purpose
5. A Writing Sample (3000-6000 words)
6. Sample Classroom Feedback
Application materials will NOT be returned to the applicant.