TUITION & PAYMENT
TuitionTuition is indicated with each course description and varies depending on course length and class size.
Tuition may be paid by credit card or STAP funds (for those eligible). We no longer accept checks.
Registration FeesA non-refundable registration fee of $35 is required for each student once per quarter. If the total amount of your course tuition and/or event fee is less than $100, then the registration fee is waived.
Discounts and Tuition AssistanceStudents may use one discount per registration. Discounts do not apply to courses with tuition under $100 or to special events. Discounts apply only to tuition, not to registration or course fees. Discounts apply only to the person associated with that discount category and cannot be extended to friends or family members.
- Stanford University Faculty/Staff/Post-docs/Students: Stanford affiliates who are not STAP-eligible, or who have used up their annual allocation of STAP funds, may receive a 20% tuition discount. A valid university ID and Stanford email address are required.
- STAP users can also opt to draw direclty from this fund during registration (rather than having to seek reimbursement). STAP funds expire Aug. 31, so Summer Quarter is the last opportunity to take a course using the current year's allotment. The course itself must take place before Aug. 31. Learn more about using STAP funds »
- Stanford Hospital Employees: Employees of Stanford Hospital and Clinics, or Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, may take a 20% discount during registration. Please select the Stanford Med School discount and enter your hospital badge number when it asks for an ID.
- Stanford Alumni Association (SAA) Members: 15% tuition discount (valid ID number required). To obtain your SAA ID number, please contact 650 723-6185 or [email protected].
- Stanford Business School Alumni Association (SBSAA) Members: 15% tuition discount (valid ID number required). To obtain your SBSAA ID number, please visit alumni.gsb.stanford.edu and log into your profile.
- Students over age 65: 20% tuition discount. Students may be required to provide proof of birth date.
- Classroom Teachers: 20% tuition discount. Valid for credentialed teachers currently employed and teaching in a classroom full-time at an accredited academic institution. Students must provide proof of eligibility. The Continuing Studies Program offers this retroactive discount, after verification, to encourage the dissemination of knowledge and scholarship within the classroom. Therefore, this discount is limited as follows.
- Discount eligibility extends to:
- K-12 classroom teachers at public and private schools
- Library staff at K-12 schools
- Faculty/teaching staff at community colleges
- Faculty/teaching staff at public and private four-year universities/colleges
- Discount eligibility does not extend to:
- Administrative/non-teaching staff
- Daycare employees/providers
- Substitute teachers
- Part-time adult school instructors
- Executive education providers
- Library staff not employed in a K-12 school