The Diversity & Access Office and Office of Accessible Education assist Stanford Continuing Studies with ensuring that its programs and services are accessible to individuals with disabilities. If you need a disability-related accommodation or have questions about accessing a classroom, please contact 650-725-0326 (voice), 650-723-1216 (TTY), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: the Diversity and Access Office does NOT provide transportation to classes.
Campus Accessibility MapsThe Campus Access Guide is an online system of maps detailing wheelchair accessibility and other disability access information for campus venues. This project is ongoing and updates continue to occur. If any building is not listed, please contact the Diversity & Access Office for additional information.
Disability ParkingDisability parking spaces, marked in blue, are located throughout the campus. These spaces are reserved for vehicles displaying state-issued (any state) disability placards or license plates; all others will be cited.
Vehicles with disability placards or plates may also park in any other marked spaces on campus, including permit and metered spaces.
Please Note: The closest disabled parking to the Main Quad is located at the Oval. From the Oval, use the ramped path to the right of the steps to reach the arcade level.
Accessible EntrancesIf the main entrance to a building is not step-free, directional signage will indicate the route to the nearest accessible entrance.
Sign Language Interpreting Services & Assistive Listening DevicesAssistive listening devices, sign language and oral interpreting services for the deaf and the hearing impaired are available upon request. Please contact the Diversity & Access Office to request interpreters or assistive listening devices.
Large Print or Braille MaterialPrinted materials for Continuing Studies courses can be made available upon request by contacting the Diversity & Access Office.
Online Course Accessibility
All online courses are offered through a platform called Canvas. Courses usually consist of text/readings, recorded video lectures, and optional live chats with your instructor and classmates.
- All pre-recorded videos are closed captioned (e.g. weekly lectures).
- Participation in live chats is always optional since students reside in various time zones and may be unable to attend, but they are recorded for future viewing. Please contact the Diversity & Access Office to:
- request that chat recordings are closed captioned, and/or
- request live captioning if you plan to attend a live chat.
- Canvas is compatible with common screen readers, such as VoiceOver, JAWS and NVDA. For additional accessibility information regarding Canvas, click here. If you have questions about the accessibility of Canvas or to report an accessibility issue with Canvas, please contact the Stanford Online Accessibility Program.
For more information about academic-related accommodations for Continuing Studies courses and campus accessibility, please contact the Diversity & Access Office:
Diversity & Access Office
419 Lagunita Dr.
Stanford, CA 94305-8230
Voice: (650) 725-0326
Fax: (650) 723-1791