Stanford Libraries are not currently accessible to Continuing Studies students.
Stanford BookstoreTextbooks are available at the Stanford Bookstore, on the lower level, in a section designated "Continuing Studies." Required textbooks and course readers are generally available two weeks prior to the start of the quarter. A 7% discount is applied to purchases at checkout (excluding digital materials).
Monday through Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
*Bookstore hours may vary throughout the quarter. To confirm hours before you visit, click here.
Bookstore's Textbook Ordering
- There is also a button at the bottom of the page to read about rental options.
Continuing Studies students are welcome to use the new "Stanford Visitor" wireless network while on campus.
To access the network, simply open a web browser on your computer.* If your computer presents a choice of wireless networks to you, select "Stanford Visitor" (not "Stanford".)
Students using the "Stanford Visitor" wireless network should keep these restrictions in mind:
- There is a session limit of 12 hours.
- There is an idle timeout of four hours. If a wireless connection is idle for four hours, the session will be dropped and the client must re-connect to “Stanford Visitor.”
- The maximum download speed is 1.5 mbps.
- Access is limited to web browsing, email, SSH, and VPN.
- SMTP (port 25) is blocked. Clients must use SMTP over SSL port 465 or 587.
*There is one issue for users of Mac OS 10.7. If you are using Mac OS 10.7, a blank window addressed to www.apple.com will open instead of the portal access page. To remedy this problem, open a new web page and go to www.stanford.edu. The browser will be redirected to the Stanford Visitor portal. Click Accept. (In Safari, a window may pop open stating the certificate is invalid. Click Continue to proceed to the portal).