WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS (WiFi) ON CAMPUSContinuing Studies students are welcome to use the "Stanford Visitor" wireless network while on campus.
To access the network, simply open a web browser on your computer. If your computer presents a choice of wireless networks to you, select "Stanford Visitor" (not "Stanford".)
Students using the "Stanford Visitor" wireless network should keep these restrictions in mind:
- There is a session limit of 12 hours.
- There is an idle timeout of four hours. If a wireless connection is idle for four hours, the session will be dropped and the client must re-connect to “Stanford Visitor.”
- The maximum download speed is 1.5 mbps.
- Access is limited to web browsing, email, SSH, and VPN.
- SMTP (port 25) is blocked. Clients must use SMTP over SSL port 465 or 587.